Monday, October 09, 2006

Field Music



I walked through the doors of Night & Day to meet my housemate, and as I removed the headphones that were piping Field Music into my elated ears, I began to grumble that we'd mis-timed our visit and some band was soundchecking early and would interrupt my coffee. But it was okay, because, it was, er... Field Music. Soundchecking.

Fuck me, I didn't know, and I don't have a ticket, or any money, and I'd have to go on my own... but it's Field Music and I've always wanted to see how the hell they pull it off live.

I went. They pull it off live.

I love this band. They're so much more exciting than most of the stuff this historically brillliant country has to offer at the moment. Clor are finished, and these guys are left in charge of the really fucking clever (but not smug), guitar pop magic tricks for the forseable future.

But many of the morons behind me aren't even watching?! Ridiculous. The band are also visibly aggrevated by the lack of attention; and what with some fairly heavy technical issues, and the fact that the entire thing's being filmed, it makes it all the more satisfying to watch them overcome it all and play with the kind of quality and charm most bands could never hope to achieve.

Their great new single 'In Context' is out on Monday.

In Context Video:


Mp3:
Field Music- 'You're So Pretty'

Buy it here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Field Music live at Secret Garden Party before I heard them on record -- you are exactly right about quality and charm, I feel they are a real treasure.

7:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home