Saturday, March 03, 2007

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod! The Plan reforming!


I nearly crapped myself when I read here that the Dismemberment Plan, a band I gush regularly about to anyone who'll listen, are temporarily reforming. It's just for 2 gigs for a benefit for Jawbox mainfella J Robbins' son at the moment but one can live in hope. The gigs are, of course, in Washington and sold out in minutes. Gay.

They even played at my home venue, Exeter Cavern back in 2001 and I didn't find out til months later!

"I know Lord, i got to see The Cure and Iggy Pop and Dinosaur Jr and Sonic Youth but please, one more favour... for old time's sake?"

Enjoy this understated anthem for anyone else in their mid-twenties currently wondering "where the fuck is my life going?"

Mp3:
Dismemberment Plan - 'Spider in the Snow'

Buy it here.

2 Comments:

Blogger ju said...

I've been listening to Emergency and I all weekend in celebration! And to think I probably never would have heard of them without those trusty little mp3 discs you made me.

(i think the one with the dismemberment plan was titled "U2 SUXORS... better music inside")

8:08 pm  
Blogger Alex Raoul said...

I'm just glad to spread The 'Plan word across continents... and back again. *smug grin*

Now if you don't mind, i'm off to practice some of The Edge's riffs...

6:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home