Saturday, December 02, 2006

Mandatory Christmas Post



It seems I'm legally obliged to put together a Christmas post seeing as it's now technically December. So here it is (Merry Christmas). I heard this first track on the fantastic Not Your Usual Bollocks podcast what must be about a year ago. It's great on it's own, but when it becomes apparent that it's actually a really subtle Christmas cover it becomes even better. I'm not too familiar with Nathan Fake but I hope to be in the near future. This little electronica/shoegaze gem was available from his site but I hear the album is very good too.

Mp3:
Nathan Fake - 'Silent Night'

Buy his debut album here.




And if that isn't your bag, the wonderful Zombina and the Skeletones have just released a free Christmas EP via their Zombina Army MySpace page. Free artwork and everything. How many bands are that generous and hardworking?

Personally I prefer last year's (?) festive giveaway which I don't think you can buy so I'm going to post it. If any Skeletones can inform me otherwise I'll remove it, but it's so good it needs to be heard.

Mp3:
Zombina & the Skeletones - Transylvanian Xmas.

You can buy their albums and loads of high camp merchandise from their website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home